Empowering Independent Living in the Comfort of Your Home
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our latest venture, Specialized Builds, which seamlessly combines our expertise in physical therapy and home remodeling, providing comprehensive home modification and renovation solutions. As Certified Aging in Place Specialists (CAPS), we assess your living environment for safety and accessibility, fostering comfortable and sustainable living for seniors, ensuring a tailored home to meet all your requirements.
What Do We Specialize In?
- Installation of grab bars and handrails for improved stability and mobility.
- Modification of bathrooms to include curbless showers and accessible fixtures.
- Kitchen renovations for enhanced accessibility, including adjustable countertops and cabinets.
- Implementation of home automation and smart technology for increased convenience.
- Evaluation and improvement of overall home safety, including lighting and flooring adjustments.
- Incorporation of universal design principles to ensure accessibility for people of all abilities.
- Installation of stairlifts or elevators to facilitate easy movement between floors.
- Modification of doorways and thresholds to accommodate mobility aids such as wheelchairs.
- Evaluation and adjustment of home lighting to improve visibility and reduce the risk of accidents.
- Implementation of non-slip flooring and other safety measures to minimize the potential for falls.
Top 3 Benefits of Aging in Place
- Empty Nest Syndrome Adults: Some clients are looking to remodel their existing space to include a more comfortable and safe home setup for an aging parents who will be moving in with them.
- Retirees Searching For Their Dream Home: We strongly advise that those in this situation should make sure the home they are looking to remodel and retire in is done with “aging in place” so they will continue living safely for many years to come.
- Aging Seniors: There is always room to improve or modify a living space in multiple ways to allow for easy to clear walkways, appliances that make life easier, and other solutions to promote safety first, but not compromise on style or convenience in the process.
Daniel Ryan, Michael Ryan, and Jay McRae are trained to evaluate each patient’s physical condition and make recommendations to builders and other remodelers about the best adaptive equipment and other building modifications to make their home more ‘liveable’. They have been taught the strategies and techniques for designing, modifying, and building aesthetically enriching, barrier-free home environments.
Daniel, Michael, and Jay will work with your building professional to create and modify a home designed around your physical limitations ensuring a safe and functional environment. If you would like to stop by for a consultation with a certified Aging In Place specialist or would like to speak with us, contact us or call 551-404-5405.
Specialized Physical Therapy Fair Lawn NJ also provides a wide range of other physical therapy services. Get started today and let us help with your physical therapy journey.