EVERY Physical Therapist and STAFF member are FULLY vaccinated against COVID-19.
Update #6 - August 10, 2021
Specialized Physical Therapy is currently treating patients in clinic. We want all of our patients and providers to know that we are open to serve you and your family and you can trust that we are taking every precaution to ensure your protection and safety in our clinic. We are cleaning and sanitizing our clinic on an hourly and daily basis. We are following strict CDC recommendations and guidelines while using distancing strategies.
Screening Patients Before Arrival
Before arrival into the office, ALL PATIENTS will be screened and those with any cold or flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, fatigue, difficulty breathing,and/or sore throat will be asked to stay at home for Telehealth PT services if appropriate. The screening process will include questions such as:
- Have you or anyone you have come in contact with traveled outside ofthe US this calendar year?
- Have you or anyone you have come in contact with traveled to or from any other hotspots within the country?
While In The Office
The following standard operating procedures will be enforced:
- Patients will be taken directly from the waiting room once they enter to their physical therapist - minimizing any time spent in the waiting room.
- One patient per hour per therapist.
- All therapist schedules will be staggered to minimize patient interaction.
- We ask that caregivers will not be permitted to stay in the waiting room while patients are being treated.
- Our website and the clinic front door will have our disinfecting process displayed that is being followed each day.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from patient to patient and therapist to patient when possible.
- All equipment will be cleaned before and after each patient.
- Hand shaking, hugging and unnecessary body contact will be avoided.
- Bring your own water (all water fountains will be eliminated).
- More frequent sanitization of all personal electronic devices will be performed.
- All windows and doors will be propped open when possible.
- Elimination of all soft surfaces that cannot be disinfected such as foam handles, white foam rollers, and cloth-based surfaces.
We will continue to offer TeleRehab, an alternate solution for our patients who want to continue their treatment but are unable to visit Specialized Physical Therapy at this time. Dan, Michael, and Diana are providing 20-30' virtual appointments to patients through Facetime, Zoom, or Skype. This home-based treatment method allows patients to perform your exercises and treatments under supervision, increase their strength and mobility, and continue working toward your functional goals.
We are continually updating our cleaning and disinfection guidleines as outlined by the CDC. We strive to make sure every patient feels comfortable treating here at Specialized Physical Therapy. We have and will continue to pride ourselves on operating and treating patients in a clean and safe environment, and if you have any questions or concerns about how we can improve our facility, please don't hesitate to contact Dan or Michael. Thanks again for putting your trust in Specialized Physical Therapy to get you back on the road to recovery!
- Daniel Ryan & Michael Ryan and the Specialized PT Team